Warsaw English Debate Club is a community group that meet once a month to debate a range of different subjects in English. We cover social, cultural, ethical subjects and many more. We are also open to subject suggestions for future events.
This week we will be discussing:
– Is torture justified when used for national security?
– Should the EU make Marijuana legal
– Should we ban music containing lyrics that glorify violent and criminal lifestyles
– Poland should have the same gun laws as America (ability to carry a hidden weapon and buy assault rifles)
***How it works***
– We meet at Drugie Dno (craft beer bar, ul. Nowogrodzka 4, 00-513 Warsaw) at 19:30. We will meet at the back were we’ll have a few tables reserved
– A first subject matter is select for discussion. Those who have already prepared some notes on the subject matter are welcome to read them out.
– After those who have brought prepared notes have spoken the floor is open for anyone else to ask questions or make comments. There will be a timer of 20 minutes per question.
– Then we move on to the next question and repeat.
We are hoping to make these events relaxed and informal. You won’t need to stand in front of projector or prepare slides, we just sit around and coffee table and chat. The focus of this event is to bring together English speakers in Warsaw to meet new people and make new friends. This is a debate group and not an augment group. There will be a set of rules stated at the start of the event that each members such stick to.